Iâ€™ve been running the ISpeakHindi.com â€“ Learn Hindi site for over 4 years now. I am constantly on the look out for ideas to incorporate. I have quite a list, probably enough to keep going for a long time. But today I get an email from ArabicPod announcing that they have a new lesson: #432 Favorite Flower:
Clicking on the link takes you to the lesson on the site:
You can not do anything other than vote on the lesson without signing up. Also, they have a random word on the right:
This would be an easy thing to do on ISpeakHindi.com to add a random word to the right. It would be a good compliment to the master 4 Hindi words a day tool. I was thinking of adding a random vocabulary question to the side as well. Also, maybe other languages exercises as well.
Also from the list of lessons page: http://www.arabicpod.net/learnarabic/Intermediate there is this link:
Clicking on that gives you a list of countries and people that have Skype Ids:
Clicking on â€œView all Usersâ€ gives:
The one improvement would be if it could show their Skype status. But I think this is only possible if the person allows for you to be on their friends list.
Ideas that I want to implement:
- Add random word to the left side
- Add random vocabulary quiz
- Add random question quiz (take the questions associated with the lessons and allow for people to answer them. It can direct them to the episode with the answer.)
- Add â€œSkype IDâ€ to userâ€™s profile
- Add a view that will let visitors see members based upon the presence of the SkypID.