I bought a HP MediaSmart Connect this summer and have only used it a few times. It works fine. You should check it out. Free shipping and the bidding is currently less than a dollar!!
Here is what it says on the HP site:
Exceed your expectations for home entertainment. Add our MediaSmart Connect to your HDTV and get ready to stream photos, music, and videos from your PC network to your TV. You’ll also get direct access to on-line services1, 9, plus thousands of movies and millions of songs.
Connect your HDTV
- Stream movies, photos, and videos from every PC on your home network
- Watch Web videos and home movies in your living room2,3,4
- Bring media to life enjoy Microsoft Media Center with a single click of the remote5
- Redefine your HDTV connectivity with integratedHDMI, component, and analog and digital audio outputs
- Access content you’re keeping in mass-storage media6 via the built-in HP Pocket Media Drive bay and two USB ports
- Enjoy integrated wired and wireless networkingwith the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n8 (Wi-Fi certified)
- Access thousands of movies and songs from the Web using the MediaSmart’s on-line services and your remote7,9
- Automatically search for and list digital content in your home network
- Complement your dÃ©cor with the dramatic glossy black exterior with our exclusive Zen imprint pattern
- Do it all with a single universal remote control: access all your content, order movies, control up to four entertainment devices
Fun at your fingertips
Ready for your home theater
What’s in the box?
Remote with batteries
1.8M HDMI cable
Start Here! card
User and warranty and support guides
Cinema Now coupon
CD with PC installer